Wine lees treatment at your best
A really remarkable result that is bound to be of interest to every winery was achieved during a recent filtering cycle on 28,300 liters of Sauvignon Blanc with 24% solids in suspension.
A whole 74.2% of wine was retrieved from the lees, leaving only 25.8% (7,300 liters) of waste product.
It is worth emphasizing that this waste product contained a very high proportion of solid residue, which accounted for 86% of the total. Thanks to the Della Toffola crossflow filter, the customer was able to recover 21,000 liters of wine for the market.
The photo shows a sample of the wine retrieved and one of the waste product.